Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

The Deadliest Battle


The Deadliest Battle
25 April 1915

Dear Uncle Pete

I have been selected to fight for New Zealand in the ANZAC force in World War 1 and  we are going to take on the Turkish soldiers.

First we had to dig 4 trenches that were about 5 metres down, then we had to run up a hill with two buckets each and fill it with water to last us the day. It was getting dark so we all laid down and had a rest for the battle tomorrow.

When we woke up we got all our guns and bullets together with the bombs to get ready for the combat. My mate Don ran out and shot in the head straight away by the Turkish soldiers. After that we all jumped in our trenches and we started shooting the enemies. There were about 900 Turks and 700 hundred of us.

At the end of the war we took over the Turkish people and the only people alive were me, Simon and 2 other soldiers. There were blood all over me because I was shot right on my arm.

Before me and Simon  including Don went back to New Zealand in the ANZAC ship we had to lift the dead soldiers inside the hatch.

Simon and I sailed on a ship going back to New Zealand he fell out of the ship and died so it was only me that made it back to New Zealand.

As dead as a t-rex

From your nephew
Pita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.